There is no higher priority for us than the health and safety of our members, guests and associates. These unprecedented times challenge us all to do what we can to help slow the progression of the public health crisis, and we want to do our part. Due to the current environment, we are not accepting hotel guests at Mid Pines or Pine Needles through April 30. We intend to resume full operations starting May 1, but will continue to assess the situation. Reservations are available for future dates, please call 800.323.2114.
Both golf courses and golf shops are open and are in great condition.
Although we are discouraging gatherings of large groups, golf remains an activity that can be enjoyed while social distancing. We are heeding the advice of the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) on our properties to take all the possible precautionary measures by instituting enhanced hygiene and sanitation measures.
Golf cart steering wheels, handles, seats and other points of contact are being wiped down and disinfected between uses. While our restaurants and bars are not currently operating, beer, wine and soda can be purchased in the golf shop, along with a limited menu of cold selections such as sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc.
Here are some things that you can do on an individual level to further everyone’s safety on the golf course:
• Avoid pre- and post-round gatherings, handling someone else’s clubs and replace handshakes and hugs with new traditions – consider elbow bumps, shoe bumps or the namaste bow.
• Maintain more than six feet away from your playing partners.
• Stock your golf bag with hand sanitizer and use regularly.
• Please play with the flagsticks left in throughout the round.
• Bunker rakes have been removed from all bunkers. Please use your feet to smooth the sand the best you can. You and your group may wish to improve lies in the bunkers during this period.
When you support your local businesses, you help to support our associates and their families. We thank you for your continued support and know that we will make it through together.
Dear Members and Guests,
As all of you are aware, the Coronavirus is a huge world-wide issue that is of great concern to everyone. It becomes an even bigger issue when the effects become a local issue, no matter where you live. While there are no known cases in Moore County, the unknown heightens everyone’s concern even more.
We encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for three basic actions to help stop the spread of any respiratory virus such as the Coronavirus:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mount, and face with unwashed hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and do not reuse tissues after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
• Practice social distancing by standing 6 feet apart, and avoiding handshaking and hugging as much as possible.
We are also heeding the advice of the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) on our properties to take all the possible precautionary measures by instituting enhanced hygiene and sanitation measures:
• We have hand sanitizer stations throughout all of our buildings.
• We are focused on cleaning and sanitizing all the community spaces immediately after use. Commonly used areas and items such as desk counters, pens, and door handles are being disinfected on a continual basis.
• All employees are extending handwashing frequency and wash time.
• Our housekeeping associates will continue to thoroughly wipe down all hard surfaces in your room with a high-grade disinfectant and multi-purpose cleaner, utilizing disposed hand wipes instead of reusable cloth.
• We are continuing and increasing our deep cleaning schedules.
• Our resort Human Resources department is taking extra measures to communicate the importance to all staff who may be ill, to stay home. Our associates working on the property are led by our leadership team, who are following all CDC guidelines for cleanliness while you dine, stay, and play.
Our guests’ & members’ safety and well-being always remain our utmost concern. We want you to feel confident whenever you visit that our actions are focused on your health and comfort.
I hope this letter finds you, your family and friends in good health. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Kelly R. Miller